“I can't believemy results,and how it haschanged my life!”
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels
- Helps maintain normal blood flow
- Helps maintain normal triglyceride levels in the blood
- Helps maintain healthy levels of C-reactive protein
- Contains 3000mg of fish oil -- nearly 3x more fish oil than most other fish oil products.
- We use only the best fish to provide a clean and safe product rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)† and low in accumulated toxins.
Additional Benefits -
- Supports relief from temporary inflammation associated with the normal aging process and daily activity
- Promotes healthy lubrication of the eye
- Promotes normal tear production and volume
- Helps promote healthy blood flow to the eye
- May help to retain low-light visual acuity
- Supports joint health
- Promotes a healthy complexion
- Helps enhance mood
- In contrast to competitors who use large fish, we use small fish such as sardines and anchovies to limit the accumulation of toxins prevalent in larger fish.
- Our fish oil is tested twice, once from the manufacturer and then by an independent testing company. The fish oil used is laboratory tested for mercury, lead, PCB and other heavy metals. We only use fish oil that meets or exceeds standards set by Canada (CFIA), the European Union (EU) and the United States (CRN).
- Gluten Free.
- No Detectable GMOs
†According to the FDA, supportive, but not conclusive, research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Why Choose Heart Health Omega III?
Heart Health Essential Omega III with Vitamin E is a superior product due to a number of factors. The best fish are used to produce a clean and safe product that is rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). It also contains 3000mg of fish oil where most other commercial products contain a third of the total fish oil contained in Heart Health Essential Omega III. Heart Health Essential Omega III comes from small fish where other competitive products use large fish which are more likely to accumulate toxins. Heart Health Essential Omega III provides a high quality, high purity product with significant percentages of the health promoting EPA and DHA.
The fish oil in Heart Health Essential Omega III with Vitamin E comes from sardines and anchovies harvested off the coast of Peru. Not only do anchovies and sardines have a high omega-3 content, they also have high percentages of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Anchovies and sardines have a short lifecycle making them an ideal source of fish oil because they are less prone to accumulating environmental toxins that can be found in larger, longer-lived fish. Contaminants are generally extremely low in sardines and anchovies even before they go through an intense purification process. Every batch of fish oil is hand selected and tested prior to processing by our manufacturer and must pass more than 200 quality checks during the production process.
Recent research has shown that fish oil may be beneficial in supporting cognitive function by helping the body manage stress and enhance mood. It may also promote a healthy complexion. In an article published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the effects of omega-3 fish oil supplementation was shown to be beneficial for healthy cognitive and cardiac functioning. The study shows that supplementing with fish oil daily can rapidly raise the levels of EPA and DHA in cardiac tissue. This is important because both EPA and DHA have been proven to help maintain normal plasma triglycerides. In addition, DHA has been shown to help maintain blood pressure and blood viscosity. This study also showed an inverse relationship between EPA/DHA and arachidonic acid (AA), an omega-6 fatty acid. As EPA and DHA increased in atrial (heart tissue) phospholipids, AA decreased.1
Heart Health™ Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E provides the three grams of omega III that studies reveal is the most effective amount to promote overall cardiovascular health. Fish oils have been clinically demonstrated to provide a host of benefits that successfully promote cardiovascular health. Essential Omega III Fish Oil helps maintain normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels, promotes healthy blood pressure levels, helps maintain healthy levels of C-reactive protein, helps maintain normal blood flow and helps enhance mood. The fish oil used in Essential Omega III is tested twice, once from the manufacturer and then by an independent testing company for mercury, lead, PCB and other heavy metals. Both tests confirmed that Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil is free of mercury, lead, PCPs and other heavy metals. We only use fish oil that meets or exceeds standards set by Canada (CFIA), the European Union (EU) and the United States (CRN).*
An unhealthy diet of processed, high-calorie, high-fat foods, pollution, smoking and sedentary lifestyles all contribute to poor heart health. Not smoking, maintaining a healthy weight, eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains, exercising regularly and taking the right supplements can all contribute to promoting good cardiovascular health. Clinical trials have shown that supplementing with omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish oil) may help to maintain normal levels of triglycerides and cholesterol, support healthy blood pressure and promote normal platelet activity.*
Fish Body Oils 3000 mg [EPA† 900 mg and DHA† 600 mg]
Fish oils or marine oils are lipids (fats) found in fish, particularly cold water fish like herring, kipper, mackerel, menhaden, pilchard, salmon, sardine and trout, and phytoplankton. The sources of fish oil in Heart Health™ Omega III Fish Oil are sardines and anchovies, tested by the manufacturer and an independant testing company to be virtually free of mercury lead, PCB and other heavy metals. Fish oils are rich sources of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexanenoic acid) are the two most studied fish oils. DHA is a necessary component of the phospholipids in human cellular membranes, especially those found in the brain and retina. Clinical studies have shown omega-3 fatty acids to help maintain healthy triglyceride levels. A strong correlation has also been shown between fish oil consumption and the ability to maintain healthy levels of C-reactive protein. Fish oils are also important in the maintenance of normal blood flow, as they support normal fibrinogen levels (coagulation or blood clotting), which contributes to normal platelet activity.*
EPA and DHA have several mechanisms of action to help maintain normal triglyceride and cholesterol levels, help maintain normal blood flow and pressure, and support normal platelet activity. EPA and DHA help maintain normal triglyceride levels by promoting normal lipogenesis and supporting normal fatty acid oxidation in the liver. EPA and DHA promote the normal transcription of genes coding for lipogenesis enzymes and promote the normal transportation of the regulatory enzymes of fatty acid oxidation. Activating PPAR (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor) - alpha, helps to support normal fatty acid oxidation. The promotion of normal lipogenesis is done through down-regulation of SREBP (sterol regulatory element binding protein) -1c messenger RNA.*
EPA is the precursor to series-3 prostaglandins (PG), the series-3 thrombaxanes (TX) and the series-5 leukotrienes (LT). More specifically, EPA is a precursor to eicosanoids (TXA3 and LTB5), which promote normal platelet activity and promote normal vasodilation. These effects demonstrate EPA’s potential ability to help maintain normal blood pressure and support normal blood clotting. Fish oils inhibit the arachidonic acid synthesis of thromboxane A2, which help to promote normal platelet activity and vasodilation. Fish oil may also contribute to the normal production of prostacyclin, a prostaglandin that promotes normal vasodilation and supports normal platelet activity.*
Omega-3 fatty acids compete metabolically with omega-6 fatty acids, found in higher amounts in typical western diets. Omega-6 fatty acids may inhibit the incorporation of omega-3 fatty acids into tissue lipids. Omega-3 fatty acids may inhibit the conversion of many omega-6 fatty acids into arachidonic acid. Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, a corresponding increase of these fatty acids appears to occur in cell membranes and circulatory lipids along with a simulataneous reduction in omega-6 fatty acids.*
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 23 IU
The most valuable sources of dietary vitamin E include vegetable oils, margarine, nuts, seeds, avocados and wheat germ. Safflower oil contains large amounts of vitamin E (about two thirds of the RDA in ¼ cup), and there are trace amounts in corn oil and soybean oil. Vitamin E is actually a family of related compounds called tocopherols and tocotrienols. Vitamin E is available in a natural or synthetic form. In most cases, the natural and synthetic forms are identical except the natural form of vitamin E is better absorbed and retained in the body. The natural form of alpha-tocopherol is known as "d-alpha tocopherol." The synthetic "dl-" form is the most common form found in dietary supplements. For those individuals watching their dietary fat consumption, which is relatively common in the world of dieting, vitamin E intake is likely to be low, due to a reduced intake of foods with high fat content.
The main health benefit of supplemental vitamin E comes from its immune-boosting antioxidant activity. It supports a healthy cardiovascular system. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful fat-soluble antioxidants in the body. In turn, vitamin E protects cell membranes from free radical. Vitamin E is commonly added to fish oil supplements to provide antioxidant protection of DHA and EPA.*
What exactly is cardiovascular health?
The term cardiovascular health (also referred to as heart health) is used to describe a cardiovascular system that is strong and in good physical condition. By leading a more healthful lifestyle and through proper supplementation, you can significantly increase your chances of maintaining good cardiovascular health.
What does lifestyle have to do with heart health?
There are simple, everyday things you can do to help maintain proper heart health. Among these are:
- Not smoking
- Maintaining a healthy height-to-weight ratio
- Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Limiting the consumption of total and saturated fat
- Exercising regularly
- Working with your physician to monitor cholesterol, blood pressure, homocysteine and C-reactive protein levels
- Starting a complete nutritional supplementation program designed to help maintain proper cardiovascular health
Is the fish oil tested to be free of heavy metals?
Yes. The fish oil used in Essential Omega III is tested twice, once from the manufacturer and then by an independent testing company. The fish oil used in Essential Omega III is laboratory tested for mercury, lead, PCB and other heavy metals. We only use fish oil that meets or exceeds standards set by Canada (CFIA), the European Union (EU) and the United States (CRN).
Is this product vegetarian?
No. This product contains gelatin and fish oils.
- Bonaa, KH, et al, Effect of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids on blood pressure in hypertension. A population-based intervention trial from the Tro
- Chan JK, et al, Dietary alpha-linolenic acid is as effective as oleic acid and linoleic acid in lowering blood cholesterol in normolipidemic men. Am J Clin Nutr 53(5):1230-1234 (1991)
- Garrido A, et al, Ingestion of high doses of fish oil increases the susceptibility of cellular membranes to the induction of oxidative stress. Lipids 24(9):833-835 (1989)
- Harris WS, et al, Dietary omega-3 fatty acids prevent carbohydrate-induced hypertriglyceridemia. Metabolism 33(11):1016-1019 (1984)
- Howe PR. Dietary fats and hypertension. Focus on fish oil. Ann NY Acad Sci 827:339-352 (1997)
- Knapp HR, FitzGerald GA. The antihypertensive effects of fish oil. A controlled study of polyunsaturated fatty acid supplements in essential hypertension. J Engl J Med 320(16):1037-1043 (1989)
- Kris-Etherton PM, et al, fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23(2):e20-e30 (2003)
- Madsen T, Skou HA, et al, C-reactive protein, dietary n-3 fatty acids, and the extent of coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol 88:1139-42 (2001)
- Morris MC, et al, The effect of fish oil on blood pressure in mild hypertensive subjects: a randomized crossover trial. Am J Clin Nutr 57(1):59-64 (1993)
- Morris, MC, Sacks F, Rosner B. Does fish oil lower blood pressure? A meta-analysis of controlled trials. Circulation 88(2):523-533 (19930
- Nestel PJ. Fish oil attenuates the cholesterol induced rise in lipoprotein cholesterol. Am J Clin Nutr 43(5):752-757 (1986)
- Rigelsky, JM, et al, Hawthorn: pharmacology and therapeutic uses. Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:417-22 (2002)
- Siscovick, D.S. et al. Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid (Fish Oil) Supplementation and the Prevention of Clinical Cardiovascular Disease: A Science Advisory From the American Heart Association. Circulation 2017, 135: 15. 2017
- Tsai PJ, Lu SC. Fish oil lowers plasma lipid concentrations and increases the susceptibility of low density lipoprotein to oxidative modification in healthy men. J Formos Med Assoc 96(9):718-726 (1997)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 113
by John and DeeB
This is a very quality product. Having taken Omega III before and getting that fishy taste later. This doesn't happen with these.
It’s a good product and it helps me with my health.
Love the taste!
I had other fish oil before and I cannot burp after consuming it. The fish smell after effect will laterally 'kill' me. But Heart Health Essential Omega fish oil is so different! I can even break the capsule and just take the oil only!
Purifird through distillation and the amount and ratio of EPA to DHA are spot on. The one to take for sure!
I compared the EPA and DHA content with other brands and did calculation, this brand really provides the most EPA and DHA for the price. In order words, for per gram of EPA+DHA this is the lowest price compared to a few other popular brands on the market. It also contains vitamin E to help prevent oxidation of the fish oil.